Copper water tube and fittings in engineered soldered fire sprinkler systems are relatively new and rapidly expanding markets.
Copper provides multiple advantages over traditional systems.:
- Dominating these advantages is copper’s use of installation and smaller size for the same performance.
- The increasing internal surface roughness common to traditional systems is not found in copper
- The narrowing of the inside diameter caused by corrosion build-up is also negligible.
- Copper tube is also resistant to galvanic corrosion when joined to steel portions of steel piping systems
- Low maintenance requirements and ductility,
- Copper installations provide considerable space savings particularly where concealment is desired.